Author Topic: “The Warmup!”  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“The Warmup!”
« on: October 21, 2021, 09:46:10 PM »
Jessie had failed to dethrone Amber Ryan but in the time since then she has been hard at work promoting her match against Myra Rivers at High Stakes XI, but before that match Jessie was in action on the Go Home Show for High Stakes XI AKA the Halloween show as she was taking on Go Gym Graduate Danielle Weston! Danielle had returned for the Bombshell Internet Title Tournament but had opted to remain in SCW after being eliminated by Andrea Hernandez and brought with her a new attitude, can Jessie pick up the win?

Backstage at Climax Control 314, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sunday the 17th of October 2021, 21:00pm

What a fucking night.

It started off innocently enough, well, once Danielle Weston got to do her new favourite hobby of interrupting the entrance, Miles Kasey defeated Alex Rush in the opener in a result that surprised no one and Roxi Johnson surprised all of us when she picked up the win over Myra Rivers whilst I was on commentary, that isn’t a knock on Roi as a performer but, well, after Myra beat her the first time around I figured Myra would get the win again.

Good thing I’m not a betting person, that’s all I’m saying!

After that the night continued as normal with Amber Ryan defeating Seleana Zdunich in the next match, but things took a turn for the ugly when Char Kwan attacked Ariana Angelos in an attempt to get to Krystal and made Krystal watch when the Aussie tried to save her friend from a further beatdown, something that pissed me off to no end and made me glad that Daniella V. Rogers and Trinity Jones made the save.

Look, my relationship with the Go Gym grads in rocky at best, I’m friends with Krystal, to the point that I can call her Charlotte, and Ari’s been polite to me most of the time, but Char definitely crossed a line tonight.

The night continued on with Krystal’s next appearance being when they loaded Ariana into an ambulance in the parking lot right before the Main Event and as we watched the last seg before the Main Event I just sat there and shook my head.

“I know I don’t have the best relationship with Gabriel and Odette’s trainees.” I commented with a frown on my face and Jake and Shane looked up. “But Ari’s a sweetheart who definitely didn’t deserve the beating Char inflicted on her tonight, if I were Krystal I’d be out for Char’s blood next week.”

“Normally I’d say: “eye for an eye” and all that but yeah, I have to agree.” Shane commented with a nod as he watched the final pre-main event seg. “I suspect that we’ll be getting updates from Krystal’s twitter during the Main Event, but it didn’t look pretty.”

“Shifting the topic away from Ari and Krystal for a second.” Jake chimed in and we turned to him. “What was with your comments towards Myra after she lost to Roxi Jess?”

“I would’ve thought that the meaning behind my words as obvious as Krystal’s hair is blue.” I responded before shaking my head. “Be honest, between the two of you, who expected Myra to get the win tonight?” I asked as a stage hand came up to us with next week’s card and both Jake and Shane put their hands up eliminating the need for a follow up question. “Exactly, but instead Myra lost to Roxi, someone who she beat to retain the Bombshell Internet Title and in the last defence of her title reign no less!”

“You think Myra’s slipping up now that she’s no longer champion?” Shane summarised as I looked over the card for the Halloween show. “And you want her at her best for the Chamber of Extreme match?”

“Exactly! But I’m at least getting a warm-up match of my own next week, I’ve got Danielle Weston in the opener.” I responded as I looked at the card. “Will be interesting to see if the new attitude and name change has improved her wrestling since she was last in an SCW ring, and to be clear I don’t mean that Tag Team Match at Violent Conduct VII, mostly because no one was certain if Danielle was back full time.”

“Yeah and that question was answered quickly.” Jake nodded before I let out an audible wince. “Let me guess, Charlotte’s defending her title?”

“Yeah, in a five pack challenge where her challengers are Johanna Krieger, Bella Madison, Seleana Zdunich and Bea Barnhart, three of the toughest challengers she could’ve asked for and Bea Barnhart.” I commented as I shook my head. “Right after she just watched someone who’s like a sister to her get hospitalized, I never thought I’d find myself feeling sorry for a defending champion in a match like that where the reasons weren’t tied to the quality of her competition.”

“Even so, I don’t see Charlotte losing the title, between wanting revenge on Char and wanting to break a potential losing streak before it starts she’s going to be extra motivated heading into that match.” Shane added and I nodded in agreement. “Also, is it Roulette Rules or has the stip been decided ahead of time.”

“Stip’s already been decided, it’s a Graveyard Match, same with the contender’s match between Levi, Miles and Agostino to determine Bill’s first challenger.” I added before I stood up and stretched my arms. “Come on, let’s go!”

“We’re leaving before the main event?” Shane asked and I nodded.

“Somehow I doubt Lincoln and Violet will make it three for three in terms of surprise wins tonight.” I added before letting out a yawn. “Besides, I want to text Charlotte a pic of next week’s card so that she knows what she’s up too next week and the wi-fi in this arena has been crap!”

“I guess that’s true, let’s head out!” Shane nodded but before we could the match concluded anyway, and I wound up being right. “Ever consider playing the lottery with that luck.”

“Not when the result is so fucking obvious, let’s go!” I responded before we headed out to the parking lot, and I sent Charlotte the text.

Local café. Boston, Massecuites
Thursday the 21st of October 2021, 18:00pm

Sometimes it’s just good to get out.

If you were expecting to find some other reason for me to be dining alone tonight then I’m sorry to disappoint you but I felt like I needed some time alone from the boys and besides, I had their numbers in case anything came up, it was then that I spotted a certain Australian Lesbian couple being seated nearby alongside a young girl, off course there was two features that made one of the women stand out, one was her blue hair.

The other was the Bombshell Roulette Title sitting comfortably around her waist. “Krystal, I know your eager to compete against someone out of SCW but a cat?!” Makayla asked with a half-amused, half shocked look on her face. “I know you don’t get on with Christian, but you know he was right, no one’s going to root against a kitty that cute!”

“It’s like I said, it wasn’t until I read the fine print that I realized who the Open Invitational is for.” Krystal responded before shaking her head. “And according to Chelsea that cat has “wrestled” before. How has PWE not come under fire from groups like the ASPCA?!”

“That’s why you always read the fine print Krystal.” I chimed in and the two Australian women glanced over at me upon hearing my voice. “Wish I could offer advice, but I wasn’t trained to wrestle cats either.”

“Between that Cat Invitational and the title match on Sunday I feel like I’m gonna lose  it.” Krystal admitted as she shook her head. “Where’s Jake and Shane anyway?”

“Back at the hotel, wanted some time alone.” I explained and Krystal nodded as she got the idea. “How’s Rachel adjusting to life on the road?”

“It’s slow going but she’s getting there, and she’s finally picked up on the fact that we’re likely to be her guardians for the rest of her childhood and into her teens.” Makayla explained as she patted Rachel on the head. “Her mother is not doing well in rehab, and that’s putting it mildly.”

“Like I said, cocaine’s a hell of a drug to kick.” I responded as I shook my head. “How’s Ari holding up? Heard she was back in Vegas?”

“She’s staying with Carter until she’s medically cleared to compete, likely won’t be in an SCW/SCU ring again until the High Stakes XI pre-show.” Krystal explained and I nodded in response. “All that for a gold belt and an increase in your paycheque, Char had better hope that it was worth pissing off the Go Gym graduates.”

“I don’t have the best relationship with most of your gymnasts, but I’d still be out for blood in your shoes.” I explained to Krystal, and she glanced up at me. “In my book, there are certain lines you don’t cross in pursuit of a title and Char crossed several at Climax Control, and yes I am aware of some of my own tactics, difference is I learned from them!”

“I guess it does get annoying when others keep bringing it up.” Krystal nodded in agreement before sighing to herself. “Almost as annoying as those who continue the false “fluke champion” narrative after everything I’ve done to prove otherwise.”

“From what I saw in the other promos, people are finally coming around to the idea so there’s that.” I responded and Krystal nodded in agreement. “I guess it’ll take you breaking Sam’s title defence record for it to finally sink in, and right as she’s inducted into the Hall of Fame to boot.”

“Yeah, I guess, and before you ask, no I don’t know what’s gotten into Danielle, she hasn’t really talked with me or the other grads since she came back.” Krystal added as two waitresses came to take our orders, one for her table and one for mine. “I guess it’s up to you to be her first real test since returning.”

“And if it’s up to me, she’ll fail.” I responded with a nod before we moved the subject onto other matters.

Jessie’s hotel room, Boston, Massachusetts
Thursday the 21st of October 2021, 21:00pm

*promo time*

What do you get?

“It’s that time of year again, that’s right it’s the Halloween special and this year it’s also serving as the Go Home Show before High Stakes XI! And I guess the bosses wanted to give me another chance to prove that I can compete on Myra’s level before I face her in the Chamber of Extreme because for the first time in what feels like forever I’m opening a show! And it’s against the returning Danielle Weston!”

Two blasts from the past!

“You know what? I’m just going to call you Dani because it’s quicker and bound to annoy you, so Dani, what exactly brought you out of obscurity after so long? Well obviously the Bombshell Internet Title Tournament played a part in getting your foot back in the door but since that second round loss to Andrea you’ve changed and some would say that you haven’t changed for the better, I mean seriously who interrupts the intros?”

Good question.

“Pity you just missed out on the “Most Hates” list am I right? Regardless of what brought on your change in attitude Dani I’m here to welcome you back to the singles competition rankings after so long and unfortunately for you Dani I’m welcoming you back with a loss because unlike you, I have big things lined up for High Stakes XI, maybe you’ve heard of it, the Chamber of Extreme Match against Myra Rivers? My opponent suffered a loss last week on Climax Control and I don’t plan on making the same mistakes she did!”

It’s that simple.

“I may as well call this what it is Dani, the warmup! Because that’s basically what this match is for me, a warm-up ahead of my big match against Myra at High Stakes IX and it sure would suck if your first singles match back ended in a loss, wouldn’t it Dani? That’s exactly what’s going to happen when we clash in the ring on Sunday and who knows? Maybe I’ll set things up to be a night full of surprises one week removed from Halloween!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“I’m not sure why the bosses passed up on the opportunity to have the annual Halloween special actually take place on Halloween, but I digress, this week is the last show before High Stakes XI and a lot of wrestlers will be looking to secure wins before they head into the biggest show of the year, I’m one of them and when I strike you like Blood Lightning Dani, I’ll be one step closer to not only meeting Myra in the Chamber of Extreme but beating her!”

I went to start gaming on my Switch as the scene fades.