Author Topic: Caleb Storms v Teddy Warren  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Caleb Storms v Teddy Warren
« on: July 19, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »
 Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: 1 RP per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Caleb Storms

• View Profile
    • Caleb Storms
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 06:23:40 PM »
 RP Title: “Rocking the Waves!”

Over the past several weeks Caleb has been involved in a Battle of the Musicians between him and Teddy Warren to the point where Mark finally had enough of it and booked them in a match for Summer XXXTreme, Caleb was happy to have some proven competition following the debacle with Tiberius the Great of Elysia the previous month but for all of Teddy’s eccentricities he was a tough competitor, can Caleb go two for two in PPV victories?

Caleb’s hotel room, Las Vegas, Nevada
Saturday the 25th of August 2020, 16:00pm

There’s no accounting for taste, I swear to god!

Following my win over Tibby at Into the Void (and his disappearance) I wasn’t sure what the next Supercard period would hold for me, I tried to persuade the winners of the Queen and King for a Day Matches to book me on their cards but that didn’t work and I ended up having to wait until week two to see any action, and my luck against real competition (namely Malachi and Lachlan Kaine) wasn’t much better.

Then Teddy Warren entered the picture.

The battle of the bands was entirely his idea, hell I didn’t even know that he was a drummer or had a drumkit but we still made music that was a lot better than what Mark described it as, then again he’s the idiot who thinks that dad rock like Skid Row is anything other than bland, uninspired music, like every other Hair Metal band that came out in the late 80s and stole the spotlight from more talented and deserving Thrash Metal bands.

Sorry, went on a bit of a tangent there.

But enough bashing of the band who’s lead singer bears a striking resemblance to Griffin Hawkins, I have a match to talk about! Namely my match against Teddy Warren at Summer XXXTReme in two weeks’ time that was booked by Mark after he confirmed that he is a jackass with absolutely zero taste in music but then again, anyone with working ears and half a brain will be able to tell you that Skid Row is uninspired bland bullshit and I’m going to kick Teddy’s ass all over the cruise ship.

Only in wrestling can I say that I’m going to kick someone’s ass on a cruise ship and A: not be barred from said ship and B: not be arrested for making threats but I digress!

“He seriously considers this better than Megadeth and Cannibal Corpse?!” Katie asked with a dumbfounded look on her face as we listened to Skid Row’s debut album (self-titled because of course it is) in full whilst we kept Lemmy busy with one of his favourite toys. “I mean the singer’s good but the rest of it is uninspired, hair metal bullshit and that’s me being generous!” Katie added and not only was I agreeing with her, but I was eternally grateful that we were listening to it through Spotify having not spent a dime on this.

“And he calls real music shit, typical of a mainstream moron.” I responded as I rolled my eyes before exiting out of Spotify and looking for something good to listen too on YouTube, I heard a notification on my phone and I checked it seeing that Christian had taken time out of his day to be the Grinch to all dog owners (namely me and Candy) on the SCW roster whilst completely ignoring the cat owners on the roster, because off course he is. “And Christian is being a jackass.”

“In other news, sky is blue, water is wet, Lemmy is adorable.” Katie responded jokingly and Lemmy’s ears pricked up upon hearing his name. “I’m guessing it’s to do with the fact that SCW has gone to the dogs.” Katie added as she motioned over to Lemmy.

“He’s as predictable as the Mean Girls were with their insults.” I responded with a nod as Lemmy walked up to us, I stroked him on his head, and he tried to lick my hand only to realise that he still had his toy in his mouth. “Only not nearly as annoying as they were, I almost stopped watching SCU because of how annoying Veronica Taylor was getting during her feud with Ariana Angelos and Krystal Wolfe.”

“At least we got to see her get her ass kicked by Krystal in that special cage match a few weeks ago.” Katie nodded in agreement before a thought popped into her head. “Who’s more annoying, Christian, the Mean Girls or Te……….”

“Teddy.” I responded almost immediately as I shook my head whilst Lemmy plopped down next to me. “He’s a decent drummer at best but the way he talks, you’d think he was on the same level as Nick Menza of Megadeth, may he rest in peace, Gene Holgan of to many bands to name, Paul Bastoph or Dave Lombardo of Slayer and I’m not even getting into modern thrash drummers like Carlos Cruz of Warbringer or Death Metal drummers like George Kollas of Nile.”

“True enough, though considering the skills of those drummers I doubt there are many who could be considered in their league.” Katie nodded in response and I was glad that we had the camera running the whole time because it was time, I did my promo. “I’m going to take Lemmy out for a poop and a walk, shouldn’t be that long.”

“Good, I got a promo to do anyway.” I responded and Katie grabbed Lemmy’s lead from the coat rack, Lemmy started bouncing all over the place as he waited for Katie to put her mask on and attach the lead but once it was attached to his neck they were off and I got started on my promo.

“So, what did we learn in the time between now and Into the Void? Teddy Warren is a decent drummer at best, Mark Ward has the worst taste in music on the SCW roster and I’m not naming names but that’s saying a lot! Oh and apparently two guys trying to one up each other in musicianship is as good an excuse as any to book them in a wrestling match on the biggest PPV of the Summer, Summer XXXTreme with the caveat being the elephant in the room known as Covid-19! Regardless next week me and Teddy will be rocking the waves as we square off in singles action!”

This will be interesting.

“Second PPV in a row where I’m in a nothing matches where I could be competing for something other than bragging rights, typical! Anyway, it’s like I said when Teddy told me to bring my guitar to that episode of Climax Control I didn’t even know he had a drumkit or that he had progressed beyond the beginner level but if he wants to play along with me in terms of musicianship he has a long way to go because unlike Teddy, I’ve actually played in a band!”

A good one too!

“And it was better than that bland, uninspired bullshit known as Skid Row, a name I pretty much only know because they provide Mark with his entrance music! Granted my band never got beyond the local level but that band combined had a lot more talent as musicians than Teddy Warren could ever hope to possess and I’m not just saying that because I was the lead guitarist/vocalist! What’s that? When am I getting to the wrestling match? Don’t you see how connected this is?”

Now I’m sounding like a conspiracy theorist!

“To put it simply, I played circles around Teddy when we did that Battle of the Bands segment on Climax Control and next Sunday, I’ll wrestle circles around him in the same way! Well, okay not the same way because last I checked musical instruments are banned in wrestling matches that aren’t No DQ but my point is that Teddy couldn’t keep up with me in terms of musicianship and he won’t be able to keep up with me as a wrestler, two fields were he’s decent at best in!”

It’s that simple.

“Look, I know better that in all things, we all start as beginners! I’m three years into my wrestling career for crying out loud and I’m only going to get better but Teddy? He’s been wrestling longer than me and he still hasn’t gotten any better at it, I don’t know how long he’s been playing the drums but I’m willing to bet that he hasn’t improved massively in that area either if his drumming is any indication and next Sunday I’ll be playing a drum solo on his head!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“And it’ll be better than that drum solo Phil Collins blasts out in In the Air Tonight! Speaking of air, Teddy must really be air headed if he thinks that he’s a better wrestler or musician than me because spoiler alert: he isn’t, but he’s deluded himself into thinking that he is! Something that could describe half the SCW Roster really! But Teddy had better brace himself because there’s a storm brewing, otherwise he’ll be blown away by “The Metal Storm” Caleb Storms!”

Katie returned with Lemmy at that exact moment as the scene fades.
user posted image

Offline Kate Steele

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • "The Nurse" Cynthia Warren
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 11:58:49 PM »
 #GirlDad

Teddy Warren could only smile as he was in his huge mini-suite. Being married to the SCW Internet Champion had its perks and being in an awesome room was definitely one of them. He had loved every single bit of being on the boat. He got to spend time with his daughter and honestly that was the most important thing to him. Kate was off doing some business for her movie likely getting shitfaced drunk with the Gemstones. If taking care of one little girl was bad enough what Teddy never envisioned was having Seleana and Christina drop off Aurora at his room so she could have a play date with Juliet. Juliet and Aurora had spent hours upon hours playing on the Nintendo Switch but now they had their eyes on something else and that something is was on that of Teddy. Juliet’s eyes lit up as she smiled at Aurora.

“Aurora you are super amazing… I am happy to have a friend like you in my life!!! Do you want to do something else?!”

“Sure… I have all day… Christina was really nice to leave me with you… I never really got to spend time with another girl before so we can do whatever you want… What did you have in mind…”

Juliet could only smile in return as she slowly turned her attention over to Teddy. Her eyes lit right up as she grabbed a huge bag from a different part of the room. It was one of Kate’s bags. She smiled as she looked at her father.

“Daddy look what I got…”

Teddy could only sigh in return as he looked at his daughter.

“Pumpkin what are you doing with your mother’s makeup… You know how she feels about you trying to put make up on… You are too young to be using makeup. We would prefer if you didn’t touch it…”

“Oh this isn’t for me though daddy… It’s for you dad isn’t that right Aurora?!”

Teddy seemed uneasy as Aurora looked at Teddy with a wide grin on her face.

“Sounds like it’s time for a MAKE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Juliet if you want to handle the makeup I will proudly take care of the hair… I know how to do hair…”

Teddy seems befuddled as he looks over at the girls.

“Wait don’t I get a say in any of this?!”

He giggled as Juliet was already going through her mother’s bag. She pulled out a facial kit and smiled as she opened it and placed it on her father’s face.

“Actually we will start with a facial to start things off. You need to have a super clean face if we are to make things look so magical…”

Aurora and Juliet both begin to put things on Teddy’s face and he seems to be covered in nothing but mud. A half hour goes by and Juliet wipes it down as Teddy begins to feel his face.

“Ohhhh it actually feels so smooth!!!”

“Duh I am a Warren did you think it wouldn’t feel amazing. Anything I do is amazing and I told you I am even better than mommy…”

Teddy rolls his eyes as he watches Aurora stand behind him. The little girl actually manages to start braiding Teddy’s hair. She braids it tightly as Teddy smiles in return.

“OWWW not so hard…”

“I am sorry Teddy but you are going to love it when I am doine….”

Meanwhile Juliet begins to work on her father. She does his makeup and smirks as she glances as she stares at his hands.

“Should we go about doing your nails as well…”

“No…”

“Daddy come on… It could be a great time between the three of us. Besides how often is it when I actually get to hang out with a friend… It’s always just you and me…”

His daughter gives him these sad puppy eyes but he just sighs as he looks back at her.

“Juliet I want you to know that I am kidding. Of course we will do whatever you want to have fun. That’s why I am here… We are here to have fun with one another. I could never say no to a beautiful little girl and when you add a second one to the mix I feel like you two would double team me until I say yes anyway!”

Aurora smiles as he looks at Teddy.

“You got that right and whatever my new friend wants I think I will want as well…”

Teddy smiles as he looks at both of the girls.

“I actually have a better idea why don’t you girls put your bathing suits on… How about we take a trip and see what’s going on with the pool area and maybe we can also stop by the ice cream bar before we get into the pool how does that sound?!”

Both of the little girls look at one another as they scream out at the top of their lungs…

“ICE CREAM…. WE LOVE ICE CREAM!!!!”

Teddy nods his head with a grin.

“Of course you both do what person on this planet doesn’t like ice cream. It is an amazing tasting treat. Come on let’s get going. There is so much to do on this cruise and being stuck in a room doesn’t sound like fun. Let’s get ice cream, let’s go swimming, let’s go to the arcade!”

Both girls could smile in return as they both hugged Teddy as tightly as they could. Juliet looked up into the eyes of her father with a huge grin on her face.

“I love you so much daddy… You are truly the best daddy in the world….”

Teddy smiled as he looked down at his daughter. It was definitely worth it to hear that. It felt genuine and he honestly would do anything he could to make his daughter happy. He slowly stands up pushing them away as he leads the two of them out of the door. It was going to be a special day but he at least had two little girls with him and he was proud of it.

What’s happening SCW UNIVERSE… It’s the one and only Teddy Warren and I just want to say it feels so awesome to be right here on the Sun Princess Cruise Ship! It’s funny how so much things change in a year’s time. Last year when I was on this very ship I was being the best wrestler I possibly could be. I had won the Roulette Championship and I felt like I was on top of the entire world. Nobody could tell me anything. I felt like my shit didn’t stink and I was the end all be all of wrestling.

People believed in the hype as well. I was told I could be the next biggest thing in wrestling. I had rose up through the confines of the ranks. I cheated and did everything I possibly could to keep my title and for the five minutes that I had it I really did enjoy the little fame I had.

Nothing could take me down. Nobody would be able to say anything that would make me feel differently. I know at that point I went about surrounding myself with a bunch of women who would later on become the Gem Stones and I even created Diamond. That was all my doing. I was somebody that the fans loved to hate. My attitude won me most hated man in the company and I wore it with pride.

People stated I had a huge future as the next biggest threat in the men’s division. I could have been a solid threat but in reality even though it felt like I had what I want I truly was setting a bad example for my little daughter. I didn’t like putting on a façade for the sake of selling tickets and being something that I am not. I know it wasn’t the most popular opinion in the room and I became a target of Tony Thorn who tried to call me out on my bullshit and trying to bring out the real me.

No matter how many licks I have had to take the fact is this is who I really am. I am a happy go lucky guy. I am a father first and foremost, and what I enjoy more than wearing the badge of honor that is most hated man in the company and being a father. That is what makes me who I am and I am a girl dad. I love having a little girl and spending so much precious time with her. My girls of Juliet and Kate, or whether they wish to call themselves Pearl and Diamond are my jewels. They are my Gems and I would do anything to defend my family. I won’t let anybody disrespect them and I won’t ever hurt them again.

I might have been a bad example at times and to be honest my Roulette Championship reign was pure garbage. I was an awful champion. Caleb Storms I know people always gave you shit because you were always afraid of being in the ring with Fenris but at least you showed up when it mattered.

The very moment I saw that I was booked in the ring against Fenris I said absolutely nothing. I looked at it as a way of getting buried and I stood there quiet. Little did I know it was a match that would be a proving ground to see if I was ready for the big time but I just didn’t do anything. I purposely refused to even indulge in any of it. I even dropped the ball against Tony Thorn on multiple occasions and despite being a champion when Griffin finally had his rematch he won the championship back and I was left to fade away into nothing…

That is all being the most hated man got me but this is my restart Caleb…

This is about me rising back up and starting things over again and trying to do things the right way. You are a great athlete and an amazing musician. Most of my time in the music industry was being attached to Kate in every single one of her bands. Now I don’t have that luxury as she is with Griffin and has her own female band so now it’s up to me to figure out what I am good at.

I am a good drummer but I feel like you might be better at everything music related. One thing that I know I am better than you however is being a wrestler. I showcased that I had what it took to beat Agostino Romero and before that I took Austin James Mercer to his very limit. I gave it my all and I earned his respect by the end of it.

A little respect in this business goes a long way and perhaps I might have been larger than life and overexagerrated things to get on people’s radars like J2H…

I might have compared myself to him and tries to call out all of these long time legends but I was just trying to ride the flames of some type of popularity. I was trying to build my notoriety up and it was definitely the wrong way.

Now I plan to get that respect by simply being an amazing wrestler in the ring. I know it’s a slow process but I am willing to work my ass off to prove myself. It starts one match at a time and it starts with you. Caleb you might feel confident but I know in my heart I have the tools to beat you. I will get past you and I will start turning heads match by match.

I wish you the best of luck you rocker but come Sunday I plan to rock your world and begin to make myself in SCW… Small baby steps but I will get there… Mark my words on that…

See you Caleb… Let’s tear it up and steal the show shall we?!
user posted image

user posted image